Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius AAA and Windows VPN Client

David Shearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Im using an ASA 5510 running 8.2(3) and ASDM 6.3(4).  I have been trying to get the Windows VPN to connect to the ASA rather than the Cisco VPN client.  I have managed to get this working but i have come accross a strange issue.

When using the Cisco VPN Client we authenticate through RADIUS using a policy that checks the user is in a specifice security group.

I have applied the same settings to the new Windows VPN settings and it doesnt work.  The VPN dials in correctly and passes authentication to the RADIUS server which grants access according to the Event logs.  The client then gets rejected claiming that username\password is not recognised.

If i remove the user from the security group it works fine using the using another Radius policy.

Any ideas what i can check?

Thanks

David

1 Reply 1

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say it grant access (as per event logs) having security group defined as a condition. What remote policy you see in the events? Can you post the o/p of event logs. Because even after removing the security group from the remote policy, it didn't let user connect using same policy and worked with the other policy in sequence.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin