cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reassign Peers ina VPN L2L tunnel

Jon Moots
Level 1
Level 1

Curiosity question... I have 2 new ASA5515's that I am setting up for an equipment upgrade. IN the time before I swap them out I am using them as a sort of make-shift lab to get the L2L VPN setup going. I did not want to use current IP addresses for the test environment so I used bogus numbers.

My question is: Can I go back in and change the peer IP address and the local/remote address's without having to tear them down to factory specs again?

- Do I just reissue the Tunnel-Group X.X.X.X type IPsec-l2l command with the correct IP's?

I know there are a few other area's that I will have to change the peer IP as well, but the just of my question is can I do it or do I have to start over?

-Jon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jon

You shouldn't have to reconfigure them from scratch if that is what you are asking.

You just need to modify the peer IPs wherever they appear in your configuration.

Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jon

You shouldn't have to reconfigure them from scratch if that is what you are asking.

You just need to modify the peer IPs wherever they appear in your configuration.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: