cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended hardware for new remote office configuration

manoratek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I'm looking for anyone who can provide hardware recommendations to me for networking two offices. Have one host location and one small remote location with about three users and I want to create a site to site VPN over a cable connection and still have the security and performance in place. I'm no networking guru so I'm looking for a router/switch/firewall that is relatively simple to configure yet has the security I need for both locations. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What's your bandwidth?

And what's your budget?  Sorry, I have to ask this question because there are two directions you can use:  Small Buisness (aka Linksys) or Enterprise.

It's a broadband connection 30mb shared. Ended up purchasing ASA5505 for remote location. Have a Pix 506 at host location. How difficult is it to configure site to site VPN over IPSEC? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Assuming that you do not have any unusual requirements, configuring a site to site IPSec tunnel between an ASA and a PIX should not be real difficult. There is a GUI for the ASA called ASDM which has a pretty nice wizzard which should walk you through the configuration of the VPN. Depending on the version of code running on the PIX it may also have a version of ASDM that would help you configure the PIX.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would have choose SA520 or SA540. SA520 even have a wireless feature

Well, for ASA/PIX, you can refer to VPN Tunnel ASDM Configuration for both ASA and PIX in this link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_configuration_example09186a0080a9a7a3.shtml

Do note that in the guide, the S2S VPN configuration is between PIX/ASA and Cisco Router. You can replace the procedure in Cisco Router with the procedure from PIX/ASA using the given value in Cisco Router.

Dandy