Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended IPSec standards?

Hi all

Does Cisco has a good document which gives the recommendations to which standards are today the best practice in terms of security, for IPSec VPNs? Everybody know that DES and 3DES no longer should be used, also DH1-5 are considered as insecure, but unclear for example is for me about SHA1? If there is a good link to what Cisco recommends if setup a new IPSec VPN that would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Markus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

This cisco post is newer and recommends which IKEv2 algorithms to use from a security and performance perspective. This post in fact references the first NGE guide I linked to, as it's still relevant.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Yes DES/3DES/SHA1 algorthims are considered legacy and should be avoided. This Cisco doc covers which algorithms are considered acceptable minimum and also which algorithms are Next Generation Encryption.

HTH

Hi RJI

Thanks a lot for your input here. Yes, this document gives the answers, I found it as well but was then not sure if this is still the latest guideline as the time stamp at the end is from October 2015, therefore more than 4 years old. From my point of view a bit old for these recommendations?

Thank you

Markus

Hi,

This cisco post is newer and recommends which IKEv2 algorithms to use from a security and performance perspective. This post in fact references the first NGE guide I linked to, as it's still relevant.

HTH

Thanks a lot, this helped. Have a good weekend
Markus