cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirecting Favorites folder breaks SBL ?

Johjn Bain
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a weird scenario that I have notice and have no idea why its causing an issue.

As the topic mentions if I login to Windows 7 x64(has been joined to a domain) using SBL(authentication through device certificates) and I have my favorites folder redirected to a network location I will receive 2 popup messages from anyconnect.

The 2 messages are:

• “VPN Service not available”
  • “The vpn agent service is not responding. Please restart the application after a minute.”

When I click ok on the last message, anyconnect client shutsdown. If I restart the anyconnect client, the client immediately connects.

If I disable the favorites folder redirection Anyconnect & SBL work perfectly.

Anyone else seen this issue ?

John

3.png

2.png

2 Replies 2

rhul-maths
Level 1
Level 1

I have experienced the same issue and opened a TACS case.

After some testing I was advised to set the IE proxy lockdown to 'No' in the AnyConnect Group Policy:

Group Policy -> Advanced -> Browser Proxy -> Proxy Lockdown

This resolved the VPN restarting.  A Bug has been opened for this issue:

CSCue74449    Browser Proxy Code needs to execute on separate thread

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCue74449

Jon

Thank you for posting the bug info and the work around. We experienced a very similar issue with AnyConnect SBL and Folder Redirection and we were able to work around it by following the information you provided.  The Proxy Lockdown feature is on by default and everything was working fine on an older version of the AnyConnect client. However, we recently pushed out AnyConnect client 3.1.05152 to our users and that's when we started seeing issues. It looks like the bug was opened almost a year ago and still has no resolution. I have opened a TAC case as well.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: