cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remote vpn stopped reaching internal network for no reason?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have an old PIX 525 with a remote vpn configured  , i access the vpn using vpn client 5 , today all of a sudden the vpn wont reach any ip address in the internal network even though there has been no change in the config , i tried to access the firewall and ping the internal network and it was reachable? im really lost here . please bear in mind that the VPN is connecting successfully , just cant reach anything , also i tried restarting the asa with no use.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Only way to identify the problem and mitigate the issue is, when the client connect to VPN to ASA and try to access internal resources, check the in FW logs.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

1-i cant ping the inside interface ip address
2-how do i check the fw logs? more so what is the debug command to check the vpn traffic for this?

i noticed when i connected to the vpn and did a trace route for a address behind the vpn that the traffic is going through my internet default ip address and into the internet instead of going through the vpn tunnel , what could be the reason behind this?
also i noticed that the ip config of the vpn interface doesn't have a default route ? is that normal?