Helpful
Replies

RingCentral no audio when connected to AnyConnect VPN

CarloSalvador
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Need your advice.

I have an issue right now with a couple of users in our company. We are using RingCentral softphone and it is working fine last week.

Today, we received reports from around 30 users who are working from home that their RC phones cannot hear anything when they tried to call or someone tried to call them. The calls can connect but they cannot hear each other.

The issue is only present when user is connected to the AnyConnect VPN. But when user disconnects from VPN, the RC has two way audio.

The pain in my tshoot was it is not happening to all users.. I saw one thing common on the affected users, they are using the same account domain on RingCentral account, example, abcd.com - all these users that uses abcd.com account on their RC are experiencing the issue.

But for some users that are not affected, example users who are using wxyz.com RingCentral account are not impacted.

Hope you could give me an advice guys!

Thank you,
Carlo

2 Replies 2

W-ALI
Level 1
Level 1

I think you should check the Firewall logs to determine the issue if there's in blocked due  ACL , route , NAT

Thank you for your response. It is unlikely a firewall rule blocking since we are currently Split Tunneling the RingCentral traffic. We have however checked the logs also but did not find any blocking.