Views
Helpful
Replies

RV Serie Router Support IPSec and PtP ? VPN Type

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Dear All,

Please let me know RV series routers (RV340,RV345) can support point to point VPN with Paloalto firewall or Fortigate or ASA in DC.RV series will have at Branch office.I read in this model datasheet ,they can support IPSec,PPtP,L2TP.

Let me know which vpn type (site to site or remote access )is more suitable for VOIP,vedio streaming  ?

Help me please ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes, I see no reason why the RV345 should not be able to configure a Site-to-Site IPSec VPN to any other device, including Palo, Fortinet or ASA. You'd probably want to use IPSec rather than PPTP or L2TP.

A remote access VPN can be used for VOIP and Video Steram, however usually that would require a VPN client on a computer, so the Site-to-Site VPN would be used if using the RV345 router.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi,

Yes, I see no reason why the RV345 should not be able to configure a Site-to-Site IPSec VPN to any other device, including Palo, Fortinet or ASA. You'd probably want to use IPSec rather than PPTP or L2TP.

A remote access VPN can be used for VOIP and Video Steram, however usually that would require a VPN client on a computer, so the Site-to-Site VPN would be used if using the RV345 router.

HTH