Views
Helpful
Replies

Rv042 as VPN client

Akar Periwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure VPN but not getting any success, At my Head office I have one cisco-3825 Cisco-5515-x, at branch office I have 1 rv042.

My site to site VPN configuration is working fine. But what I want now is this that all the internet traffic of my branch office should go from my head office, with IP of head office only, as few of our application works with our office IP only.

For Site to Site VPN I am using 3825 and rv042, my 5515-x is not getting used for this VPN, I am using this for some other purpose. It is in routed mode in case if we need I can configure it for VPN also.

Any help or Idea will be appreciated. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So you need to make the encryption domain <lan subnet of staff member,any>.

On the 3825 make the default route to the inside of the ASA.  Then add static routes for the remote public IP addresses of the VPN concentrators out the outside interface of the 3825.

This could also be done using VRFs if you hate a "Data" or 'AppX" licence on your 3825.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you branches have static IP address (will make life much easier).

Do the 3825 and 5515 both directly attach to the Internet, or is one plugged into the other.  Which one plugs directly into the Internet it not both?

Hi,

Scenario is more like I have ASR connected to Internet for BGP, 5515-x have public IP, 3825 also have public IP, 5515-x is getting used for our server protection with private network behind.

3825 is getting used for my staff member with private network behind every staff have static public IP (Static NAT). for VPN traffic also I want to configure with Public IP from pool. 

So you need to make the encryption domain <lan subnet of staff member,any>.

On the 3825 make the default route to the inside of the ASA.  Then add static routes for the remote public IP addresses of the VPN concentrators out the outside interface of the 3825.

This could also be done using VRFs if you hate a "Data" or 'AppX" licence on your 3825.