cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 & QUICKVPN on Windows 7 - Remote gateway not responding

robertschuett
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using Quickvpn to connect several remote pc's (all running windows 7) to our local network. Over the past week or so they stopped working. When connecting, the QVPN client says activating policy, verifying network, and then "the remote gateway is not responding. Do you want to wait?". If I look at the RV042 while all this is happening the VPN Client Status shows that the session start as "offline" then goes "online" momentarily then goes "offline". The "online" seems to occur when the client software is "verifying network".  I ensured that I had current versions of both the RV042 firmware and the QVPN client software installed.

2 Replies 2

robertschuett
Level 1
Level 1

I guess if you beat on something long enough you can solve it.

On all the client machines I had previously installed another VPN client (Greenbow). Although it was not running it appears to have been the problem. I uninistalled Greenbow and deleted any Greenbow drivers kicking around (check the Properties of the wireless connection) and then rebooted. On the machine I was testing with I made sure that Windows 7 had all the updates applied. I updated the RV042 firmware and I reinstalled the QVPN latest release. QVPN started without incident.

THE BEST SOLUTION is to download third party software. to do this please email me and i will give you a easy step on the said problem.Thank you.

eservbs@yahoo.com