Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 slow vpn performance

kitus_san
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm experiencing quite a slow vpn performance. I've tested different scenarios.

* Windows XP with built-ín pptp client and Shrew ipsec client

* Linux built-in pptp

* wireless and wired connections

I never managed to go above 1MBps neither with windows or linux. I managed to go up to 3MBps using the Shrew client.

I've also checked mtu settings and everything seems to be fine.

Help would me much appreciated.

Regards,

8 Replies 8

fadlouni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

You'll have better visibility on your thread if you move it to the Security->VPN forum than in firewalling section.

Best regards,

Fadi.

Done!!! I really hope I get some support there cause I'm kind of at a dead end

kitus_san
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody out there willing to help???

Hi Marc.

i recommend openeing a TAC Service request from this thread so an Engineer can dedicate his time to work with you to troubleshoot this.

Best regards,

Fadi.

I opened yesterday a case on the phone. May I just ask if I can possibly open a case straight from a forum post? that's what I seem to understand from your answer... if this was possible, it would be great if I could have an engineer take a look at this thread.

yes you can open a TAC service reqeust from the forums now, it will open the same type of request as you did by phone, but the advantage is that all the thread information will be present in the SR already.

But since you did open one already, no need to open a new one, just contact your engineer and tell him to read this thread.

Best regards,

kitus_san
Level 1
Level 1

Still involved with cisco support. Even though the rv042 displays IPSec VPN support up to 59Mbps on the datasheet, the engineer has so far proven that pptp VPN throughput is utterly slow (confirming what I was reporting). I've requested them to test IPSec throughput because I have managed to see around 2MBps and that is, to my opinon, unacceptable.

kitus_san
Level 1
Level 1

No body at Cisco SMB support has given a da** about my case even though I've followed it up strictly... Thumbs down for them

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: