cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 to WRVS4400N VPN Can't see other computers

Docmonte1312
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VPN tunnel up between these two routers and can't see any of the other computors accross the tunnel. I have local secure group ip set at 192.168.1.0 (rvs) and remote secure group at ip 192.168.2.0 (wrvs), subnet is  255.255.555.0. With this I also have a 100% packet loss when I ping from the router diagnostics of the rvs4000 to the wrvs4400n. I can ping all ip addresses from the command line of the computers on both sides of the tunnel. I can also ping all ip addresses from inside the diagnostics on the wrvs4400N with no problem. I downloaded the VPN setup wizard v1.2 for the rvs4000 series routers and cannot remotely or locally access the rvs4000 through this utility. I can access both router utilities locally or through

IE9 & the tunnel I created without using the utility. Netbios was checked and saved on both routers after the tunnel was created. I did a firmware upgrade on both routers rvs4000 v1.3.3.5, wrvs4400n v1.1.13. Remote access is enabled on both routers. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I can ping all ip addresses from the command line of the computers on  both sides of the tunnel. I can also ping all ip addresses from inside  the diagnostics on the wrvs4400N with no problem.

What is not working then apart pinging a router from another router?

Post topology and VPN configs from both sides.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

I cannot see any computers accross the tunnel and using vpn wizard I cannot access the rvs4000 to set up another tunnel from a local or a remote site. I will add more later

I apologize for the delay, very busy week!

3 computers, (1- Win7, 2- Win XP) connected to rvs4000 with tunnel to wrvs4400n with one Win7 computer.

The tunnel is up with the default settings and others as mentioned above. Netbios is checked. I can access both router setup screens from either end of the tunnel.

I cannot see any of the computers accross the network in network neighborhood. Why?

Should you be able to identify/see computers accross the network Tunnel?

The Cisco VPN Setup Wizard v1.2 cannot access the rvs4000 locally or remotely. Why?

I thought the ping info might be helpful?