Views
Helpful
Replies

Saml auth FTD/FMC/Anyconnect

ciscokiddy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Had a working saml solution to Azure AD. Inadvertently changed base url within profile in fmc then changed back. Now cisco anyconnect window displays page not found.

debug webvpn saml 255
INFO: debug webvpn saml enabled at level 255.
xxxxxxx# Mar 17 18:14:11 [SAML] get_metadata_by_tgname: SAML config was not found

? I am lost here
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JP Miranda Z
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey  ciscokiddy,

The behavior sounds like CSCvi23605, since you are doing this on FTD/FMC you have 2 options:

1- Change the authentication method to something else, deploy and then add the SAML authentication method back.

2- Remove the RAVPN policy specifically on this device going to policy assignment:

policy assign.png After removing the device deploy and then just re-add the device (if the device is in production or there are connections already established the deployment will fail, i recommend to try this option after hours)

Rate if Helps!

JP

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JP Miranda Z
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey  ciscokiddy,

The behavior sounds like CSCvi23605, since you are doing this on FTD/FMC you have 2 options:

1- Change the authentication method to something else, deploy and then add the SAML authentication method back.

2- Remove the RAVPN policy specifically on this device going to policy assignment:

policy assign.png After removing the device deploy and then just re-add the device (if the device is in production or there are connections already established the deployment will fail, i recommend to try this option after hours)

Rate if Helps!

JP

Hi JP,

Thank you, all sorted now