Views
Helpful
Replies

Schedule AnyConnect to run on server when user is not logged in

dconnaghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , 

I'm using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (version 4.4.03034) and I have created a batch file which calls vpncli and connects to the vpn server.  This batch file is working when I am logged into the server.  However, when I schedule the job using task manager it will not run (unless I am logged into the server) . 

I also scheduled the job using  SQL Server Agent  (SQL12 ) and again the task only runs when I am logged into the server .  The server is Windows Server 2012. But I did get an interesting error logged when I  scheduled though SQL Server :

unable to retrieve login information to verify complience with anyconnect logon enforcement and vpn establishment profile settings.

Can you tell me how anyconnect needs to be configured to allow for it to open a VPN on client server if user is not logged in?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

akhilmittal
Level 1
Level 1

Any solution to this issue? I am also facing the same issue. Profile settings are as follows,

<WindowsLogonEnforcement>SingleLocalLogon</WindowsLogonEnforcement>
<WindowsVPNEstablishment>AllowRemoteUsers</WindowsVPNEstablishment>

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are looking for a way to have a VPN tunnel automatically established without a user logged into the PC you should look at the management tunnel functionality.  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/adaptive-security-appliance-asa-software/215442-configure-anyconnect-management-vpn-tunn.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: