cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting Up Terminal Services Please Help!

rknapke4031
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get terminal services setup on my 1720 router. My current layout is i have a FW from Symantec with a public IP on the WAN side and 192.168.1.1 on the LAN side. That hooks into my router whose WAN is 192.168.1.2 and LAN is 193.1.1.254. On the FW i have setup an inbound rule to allow TS traffic on port 3389 through and go to the Router. I then added the following line to my router: nat inside source static tcp 193.1.1.38 3389 192.168.1.2 3389 extendable. I believe this should allow traffic on port 3389 to flow from FW to router and then to Workstation on 193.1.1.38. I know this is a very brief description, so if you need more info please let me know. I am including a txt file with config.

Thanks in advance for any help

Rich

7 Replies 7

dbellaze
Level 4
Level 4

It looks like you are on the right track just flip the IP's in your nat statement so it reads like this.

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.2 3389 193.1.1.38 3389 ext

Also add ip nat outside to the WAN interface side of the router.

Daniel

Thanks for your help Daniel so far. I am filling for a guy who usually handles the Cisco config so i was hoping for a little more help. Could be more specific on what needs to be done to add IP NAT Outside on the WAN side. I understand the concept just don't know all the commands.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

No problem, and actually now that I look at your config again your static nat entry is correct you just need to add ip nat outside to your ethernet 0 interface.

Harris-Kayot#config t

Harris-Kayot(config)#interface ethernet0

Harris-Kayot(config-if)#ip nat outside

Harris-Kayot(config-if)#end

Harris-Kayot#wr mem

Then you should be good to go.

Daniel

Thanks again for the quick post. SHould i have to add any lines to the Ethernet side like i have done for the FastEthernet side? I am going to try this tonight and just want to make sure i have everything covered. I will let you know how things turn out.

Thanks

Rich

Rich,

You will only be adding lines to the ethernet interface, the fastethernet is already configured.

Daniel

Well i have made those changes and i am unable to get in. i am attaching another copy of the config for review. Thanks for all your help.

Rich

I think your nat inside should be the on the 192.168 interface and the nat outside on the 193.1 interface assuming the 193.1 interface is the one ging to the firewall

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: