cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up VPN on Cisco ASA5510

bluem9000
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we are using a Windows 2003 Server with VPN Sever Role for VPN Access and my users use the built in VPN connection with Windows client. In the past few weeks we upgraded our router/firewall to CISCO ASA5510.

My understanding is that I get 1 or 2 VPN licenses with the Cisco ASA5510 and I would like to configure to test Cisco VPN access. My first questionā€¦when I configure the Cisco ASA5510 for VPN (Clientless or via Client), do I need to point the Cisco to my Windows 2003 Server with VPN role on it or the Cisco ASA5510 handles the VPN connection and access?

3 Replies 3

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi John,

With base lisence two anyconnect comes free for more you need to purchase lisence from cisco.

All the connections will be terminated on ASA box no related with win Server. ASA will act as VPN server.

Thanks

Ajay

Thanks.

Lets assume that I completed the VPN Anyconnect configuration on the ASA5510. My users will need to get and install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client on their laptops.

Do I download the client from Cisco website or I need to direct my users to a web link such as vpn.mycompany.com where they can download the client directly from ASA5510? I noticed in the VPN setup Wizard for AnyConnect there is an option to download the client or have available on the ASA5510...but I am not sure if the VPN settings for our company will be part of the client configuration and the users will only need to install the client and enter login info.

Thanks...B

Client software you need to download from cisco.com and upload it to ASA flash while configuring VPN.You get both the option it will download it from ASA device  when you go to https://vpn.mycompany.com as if I can recollect correcty there is option if you dont want to install that permanently on laptop.

Thanks

Ajay