cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared folders issue

Antares97
Level 1
Level 1

I work from home for a company and we use Cisco VPN to connect to important shared folders. When I am in the UK, I can connect without any issues most of the time - sometimes my VPN disconnects and it takes a few times before I can connect again (I try to disconnect, reconnect, change WiFi network, etc.). Every time, Cisco says that it is connected but in reality I cannot access my shared folders - only after some time/trials does it actually connect. 

When I am outside the UK, this problem is never solved as I cannot connect to my folders in the first place. Even though my WiFi works and Cisco says it's connected, it never really allows me to access my shared folders. As mentioned already, my WiFi works as I can use Google and all the other online tools I normally use, but when it comes to my shared folders I simply cannot access them (although Cisco says it's connected!). 

Before the pandemic, I worked from a UK office and I used to connect via a docking station (i.e. via ethernet with direct server access to my folders) and I never had any issues at all. I tried using the ethernet outside the UK too but it gives me the same issues (when working from home) as it never really allows me to access all my folders. 

I think this is something I may need to resolve with my company's IT department but I thought I may seek help here first to see if anyone else is having the same issues. 

0 Replies 0