cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to site between 892s, video streaming, fragments and dropped traffic

bhmcintosh
Level 1
Level 1

Customer network consists of two LANs, each routed from an 892.  The 892s are connected by a Gig fiber path, and there's an IPSec VPN between the 892s.  All traffic from one LAN to the other traverses the VPN.  Site 1 has a Lenel video server with a bunch of cameras streaming video to it.  Site 1 and Site 2 each have a Win7 PC with some Lenel software that receives video streams retransmitted from the video server at Site 1.  The video server streams the video as UDP.   The client PC at Site1 receives all the video streams from the server just fine.  The client PC at Site 2 does not reliably receive the video streams from the server at Site 1.  Streams from *some* cameras are received fine, but not others.  Looking at Wireshark captures taken at Site 1, it looks like most of the UDP traffic is fragmented.

Anyone else out there have anything remotely like this setup, and any notions of where to go looking for why Site 2's got such issues?

I'm afraid I'm somewhat constrained by all sorts of legal and bureaucratic restrictions on exactly what configuration and sample data I can include in this discussion, which would make me laugh if it wasn't so frustrating (this is a network of security cameras around a sensitive research facility).

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: