Helpful
Replies

Site to site VPN gre split

pcfreak49
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question you can get a site to site IPSec VPN gre at split

5 Replies 5

Frankly the question is not clear enough ... can you elaborate more?

Please clarify your question.

Thanks.

you can get a site to site VPN ipsec tunnel splitting thus traffic not intended for destinations to encrypt

GRE tunnels depends on routing more not an ACL to have the interested traffic sent to the remote end and get encrypted.

If you are running GRE then I would recommend that you enable a routing protocol on both ends and have the interested networks advertised via the routing protocol.

P.S the tunnel interfaces have to be included in the advertised network but not the physical interfaces as the later one will create routing loops in your network.

If you are running a routing protocol in your routers, then I would recommend to use another protocol for the GRE traffic.

If that helped in achiving what you seek you can mark this thread as solved.

HTH,

Mo.

yes I use tunnel interface on both routers and a routing protocol bgp how can I ensure that only the encrypted'm digging the unencrypted traffic to the other router?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: