Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-to-Site VPN on Firewall with no Public IP

shanilkumar2003
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a requirement to configure Site-to-Site VPN with HO. i have my internet link termintaed on router and got only one public ip. my ASA is behind this router with no public ip (attached diagram). This router will not support VPN and i need to configure VPN on firewall.

192.168.20.0/24 is the network between router and firewall. 192.168.10.0/24 is inside network. ( attached diagram have the full details)

Please advice the configuration to achive this.....

Thanks in Advance..

Shanil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If it's cisco router then the configuration would be:

ip nat inside source static udp 192.168.20.2 500 interface 500 extendable

ip nat inside source static udp 192.168.20.2 4500 interface 4500 extendable

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have a spare public ip on the router, or it is just one IP assigned to the router outside interface?

You can configure either static NAT or static PAT on the router for the ASA outside interface IP, then you can configure site-to-site VPN tunnel.

If you are to configure static PAT, you need the following port to be statically PATed:

UDP/500 and UDP/4500

Thanks Jennifer..

I dont have any spare public ip.there  just one IP assigned to the router outside interface.would you please advice the configuration for the required NAT?

Thanks

Shanil

If it's cisco router then the configuration would be:

ip nat inside source static udp 192.168.20.2 500 interface 500 extendable

ip nat inside source static udp 192.168.20.2 4500 interface 4500 extendable

Thank you very much Jennifer..

Regards

Shanil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: