Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to site VPN with multiple WAN

patelkartikb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I would like to configure site to site vpn tunnel with 3 remote offices, at our HO we have 2 different ISP's, so I wanted to make sure that if one isp's went down then the other will take place and connections will not brake... currently I am using symantec vpn box at all my locations, and that is not capable of having tunnels with multiple WAN at the same time. Could any body suggest any better suggestions to connect remote offices to HO.......... our each remote offices are consist no more than 12 users.....

Thanks

3 Replies 3

luthierone
Level 1
Level 1

I do something similar. We are using BGP with two isp's to perform the failover / load balancing. Our three remote offices run cisco 3640's with the ip plus ios. The home office runs a 3660 behind our bgp router to terminate all of the vpn's coming from the 3640's. So basically: our vpn's are done with cisco routers, our failover is made possible by BGP. Hope this helps.

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Patel,

The first thing I would recommend / suggest you is to migrate the VPNs from Symantec VPN Boxes to Cisco Router / PIX / ASA Appliances as they would give the maximum manageability over the situations.

Now, we need to hear from you about the WAN devices that you have got inline over there, as without the knowledge of that it won't be fair to go ahead and say anything about it.

May I request you to reply with your WAN Devices and then we can discuss the matter.

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Hi,

Thank you all for your responses.

Mr.Wilson, we are using symantec VPN/Firewall 100 at 3 of the remote locations, they do not have any other WAN device than that, Symantec box is connected to the WAN link to ISP, and internal users use symantec as a default Gateway. I also would like to add that there are about 10 - 15 users only at those locations.

FYI our other offices are connected through Frame Relay PIP.

Please let me know if this wont enough and please give me some suggestions.....

Thanks and Regards