cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Tunnel Link on a user's home page?

nwlogical
Level 1
Level 1

Two part question:  First is there a way to create a smart tunnel link on a user's home page like you have on the main portal page of the ASA 5550?  I see the code that it is using but have not been able to get this to work.  Here is that code;

<a href="javascript: parent.doURL('756767633A2F2F70676B636562712E7070757A702E6265742F50766765766B2F4B72614E63632F6E6867752F79627476612E6E66636B',[{name : 'user', value : 'CSCO_WEBVPN_USERNAME'},{name : 'password', value : 'CSCO_WEBVPN_PASSWORD'},{name : 'domain', value : 'xdomain'},{name : 'LoginType', value : 'Explicit'},{name : 'state', value : 'LOGIN'}],'post',false,'no', false)">citrix</a>

Second question when will MACs be able to auto start smart tunnel when the user first logs into WebVPN?  Right now the only way I know of starting a smart tunnel on a MAC is a link on the main portal page. I am running code 8.3.2.13

Thanks for the help.

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Tomlin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm interested in your question as I'm also in the middle of configuring custom templates for various web vpn groups, but I'm a bit puzzled by the wording of your question.  I would think that the user's home page and the main portal page would be equivalent of each other.  Would you care to elaborate?

I know there is only one "home" link on the left nav column which is directs to the "main portal page" which is displayed immediately after the portal authentication page.

You can setup a home page that bypasses the main portal page.  This can be done within Group Policies under customization just set the homepage URL to whatever page you would like.  You can even have a homepage for each user logging in if you so wish by using the CSCO_WEBVPN_USERNAME.htm and so on.  This is great and all but I would like to be able to add code on this new homepage that would allow me to auto start smart tunnel just like it does on the main portal page. 

You can set smart tunnel to start for the entire homepage but I would like to avoid that for now and only start from a link once clicked.  Hope that helped clear things up, let me know.

I have got this working took a bit but finally got the code working.

Hello - We are trying to do the same exact thing with accessing a smart tunnel link through a custom homepage.  Would you be able to post the code you used to get this working?  We have been trying for some time without success.  Thank you.

Be happy to help check your inbox.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: