Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH access via Putty to WAN routers when VPN's into network

Steve Coady
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Prior to this weekend, when I VPN'd into network, I had ssh access to WAN routers accros network. Now I get a timeout.

I still have access to WAN routers via Putty when I am on the LAN at work.

Where should I be looking to see what changed?

sMc
9 Replies 9

Markus Thun
Level 1
Level 1

This are the commands to get ssh access via interface outside

For Example:

ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside

or

managment-access outside

Markus

ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside is already configured on the ASA.

I had this access up until this last weekend. Not sure what changed. What else can I look for?

sMc

It is possible that the router restart at the weekend and you have not save the config before?

The internet connection to the wan interface is up?

Markus

No pwr cycle on any of my routers. This behavior is happening for ALL (12) WAN routers.

All the site have full WAn/internet access.

Again, I am onlyprevented from sshing into devices when I VPN into network.

sMc

anyone have any insight into this isse?

sMc

an update.

I am using a Verizon USB551L modem, that I have used for the past year. My WAN devices are on an AT&T AVPN network.

I monitor changes in configurations to devices. I do not see any changes made to ASA.

I obtain a VPN internal ip address

I cannot ping or tracert to WAN router devices

I can ping and tracert to devices behind the WAN router I am unsuccessfully attempting to ssh into

I can ssh into devices behind the WAN router I am unsuccessfully attempting to ssh into

what am I missing??

sMc

followup

From the priveleded prompt# inside the ASA, I can ping and traceroute to the WAN routers that I have unsuccessfully attempted to ssh into.

sMc

Are you using DNS or IP addresses in Putty?  If DNS, are the actual addresses included in the list of tunneled networks being passed down to AnyConnect? 

Jeff

I use IP addresses.

sMc