Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL Clientless VPN Disabled in ASA5505 after Activation of AnyConnect

Samrat Bose
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I'm facing a problem with VPN service in ASA 5505. Initially I was using SSL Clientless VPN which was working absolutely fine, without any problems. Recently I have purchased AnyConnect Essentials License along with AnyConnect Mobile VPN License (for SSL Client-based VPN Service from desktop and mobile respectively) and have activated those keys' inside the firewall. After this I can only be able to login to Client-based VPN, using the AnyConnect client. Clientless VPN access is not permitting to login and shows an error (please check the attached screenshot).

I have created two VPN profiles viz., basic (for clientless VPN) and rvsvpn (for client based VPN). Only to download the AnyConnect Client I can login to rvsvpn profile. But if I try to login using profile basic, it throws an error was what is showing in the exhibit.

Please help me in this regard, as what can be done to use both the vpn login profile. Or is it that using AnyConnect disables the client-less access?

Waiting for yours' help.

Thanks in advance.

Samrat.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The "anyconnect-essentials" command in your configuration will disable any clientless profiles (along with any other features that require the Premium license).

Essentials and Premium are mutually exclusive as running features. You can have both licenses installed but only use one or the other (and never both at the same time) in your running configuration. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Samrat , 

Make sure the clientless VPN is enabled under the group-policy 

Example

group-policy  abc attributes

vpn-tunnel-protocol ssl-clientless

The clientless feature needs Anyconnect premium to work  otherwise it will only allow you to connect 2 users simultaneously. Make sure the Anyconnect essentials command is not enabled under the webvpn configuration. 

Hope it helps

-Randy- 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The "anyconnect-essentials" command in your configuration will disable any clientless profiles (along with any other features that require the Premium license).

Essentials and Premium are mutually exclusive as running features. You can have both licenses installed but only use one or the other (and never both at the same time) in your running configuration. 

Thank you Sir. I understood!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: