Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN cannot use fqdn cisco asa 5505

jarinoo3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

when I´m trying connect to my ssl vpn through web browser it is possible by ip address, but I cannot connect there with fqdn, I attached screens(1,2)

Second question is about temporary certificate from asa (screen(3)), I guess that it is some defaul certificate, how can I fix it, I need configure some trustpoint, but it is posible when I have already configured  ca server ? Certificate from ca server is used for authentication am I right?

This configuration is only for testing in lab, so I don´t want to pay for certificate, it is possible to do it without it, for example with self-signed certificate.

Thanks so much

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does your DNS server have an entry for the FQDN of vsb.cz? We would normally expect a format like hostname.domain.topleveldomain. In your screen shot your top level domain is your country (cz) and the vsb is the domain.

By default the ASA uses a self-signed certificate. For the lab it's not a problem to keep using that. If you want to get rid of the errors, then regenerate a self-signed certificate making sure to have first set the domain name and host name consistent with your DNS entry. Then install and trust the certificate on your lab computer(s).

See this guide for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/identity-cert/cert-install.html

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does your DNS server have an entry for the FQDN of vsb.cz? We would normally expect a format like hostname.domain.topleveldomain. In your screen shot your top level domain is your country (cz) and the vsb is the domain.

By default the ASA uses a self-signed certificate. For the lab it's not a problem to keep using that. If you want to get rid of the errors, then regenerate a self-signed certificate making sure to have first set the domain name and host name consistent with your DNS entry. Then install and trust the certificate on your lab computer(s).

See this guide for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/identity-cert/cert-install.html