Helpful
Replies

ssl vpn cisco anyconnect issue

hoaithanhdo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have an issue with my ssl vpn cisco anyconnect to dmz. it's showed as below :

"the secure gateway has rejected the connection attempt. A new connection attempt to the same or another secure gateway is needed, which requires re-authentication. The following message was received from the secure gateway . No assigned address ".

Please help or recommand the best solution for fixing it. 

mail personel email : hoaithanhdo@gmail.com 

hope receiving the good news form all of you. 

Many thanks !

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You've enabled the tunnel-group list globally, but you've no alias for your new tunnel-group. You can modify as below

tunnel-group VPN-REMOTE-ACCESS-DMZ_WOLSELEY-ISB webvpn-attributes
group-alias ALIAS-NAME enable

Refer to this reference for more information.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/98580-enable-group-dropdown.html

View solution in original post

@hoaithanhdo 

The ASA only responds to ICMP traffic sent to the interface that traffic comes in on; you cannot send ICMP traffic through an interface to a far interface, the exception to this is if coming over a VPN. In which case, you can configure mangement-access <interface name> command, this will also permit mgmt of the device using ssh, snmp, http

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/asa_84_cli_config/access_management.pdf

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

@hoaithanhdo 

The error indicates "No assigned address"

- Check to see if you have the IP address pool configured

hoaithanhdo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Rob Ingram , Thanks for your support but.I already assign address pool for tunnel-group as below but the issue still occurred .

Please take a look. 

tunnel-group VPN-REMOTE-ACCESS-DMZ_WOLSELEY-ISB type remote-access
tunnel-group VPN-REMOTE-ACCESS-DMZ_WOLSELEY-ISB general-attributes
address-pool VPN-REMOTE-ACCESS-DMZ_WOLSELEY-ISB-POOL
authentication-server-group LDAP-SERVER
default-group-policy VPN-REMOTE-ACCESS-DMZ_WOLSELEY-ISB
authentication aaa certificate

ip local pool VPN-REMOTE-ACCESS-DMZ_WOLSELEY-ISB-POOL 10.198.3.161-10.198.3.175 mask 255.255.255.240

@hoaithanhdo 

Are other users able to connect? Perhaps there are no spare IP addresses to assign. Check using the command below.

show ip local pool VPN-REMOTE-ACCESS-DMZ_WOLSELEY-ISB-POOL

Hello,  @Rob Ingram 

This is a new pool that I created for VPN remote client . 

Please kindly see the content below :

Regards !

show IP local pool VPN-REMOTE-ACCESS-DMZ_WOLSELEY-ISB-POOL

Begin End Mask Free Held In use
10.198.3.161 10.198.3.175 255.255.255.240 15 0 0

Available Addresses:

@hoaithanhdo

You are definately connecting to this specific tunnel-group and not the default?

You don't appear to have a group-url or group-alias defined. Do you have the tunnel-group drop down list enabled and you select the tunnel-group?

Hello @Rob Ingram ,

Please kindly take a look my roadmap that i had created. 

if i miss some configuration , please leave your comment. 

Regards !

You've enabled the tunnel-group list globally, but you've no alias for your new tunnel-group. You can modify as below

group-alias ALIAS-NAME enable

Refer to this reference for more information.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/98580-enable-group-dropdown.html

Hello @Rob Ingram 

Thank you so much, 

I will try to test again. 

Regards !

Hello @Rob Ingram 

Thanks for your support . 

I have tried enable group-allias . vpn is ok now. 

your are firewall cisco expert.

Have a nice day. 

Regards !

Hello @Rob Ingram 

Now i have new issue , my manager want to 1 users belong to multi vpn groups. 

But when i tried to test it show you have no dial in permission . I remove users out of another vpn group is ok. 

could you please give me your suggestion. 

Thanks and Regards !

@hoaithanhdo in the configuration you previously provided you only had 1 LDAP group defined, wat configuration changes did you make on the ASA? Please provide a screenshot of the actual error and indicate which group the user was a member of.

Hello @Rob Ingram 

my mean is users belongs to 2 vpn groups , when they connect cisco anyconnect error is you have no dial in permission. 

then i remove users out off one group is ok. the matter is my manager want to users still belongs 2 group . And then i enable allias for vpn group , all users can see all vpn groups. he don't want to see that . hope hearing the best solution from you

Thanks and best regards !

Have a nice weekend. 

@hoaithanhdo 

Use a group-url  and remove the group alias for the 2nd tunnel-group. This URL can be used by the users requiring access to the 2nd tunnel-group, only the initial tunnel-group will be seen be the users in anyconnect.

Example:-

Hello @Rob Ingram 

Thanks so much . 

Regards !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: