Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN issue on cisco firewall

Nitin S
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

We have three Cisco 5545 ASA firewall configure for SSL VPN & this three firewall are in VPN load balancer. for inside & Outside we have separate switch . also we have one vrf interconnect to VPN firewall(different switch for vrf).

recently we faced issue inside/customer vrf switch was down but  same time outside UP & internet was reachable from firewall & due to that users where able to connect vpn but nothing was accessible from them.

is there any way to have configuration  if firewall inside/vrf interface/switch goes down than this firewall should not take any vpn load/new session. or any other possibility. 

looking forward for support.

9 Replies 9

Hi @Nitin S 

Run an EEM script in conjunction with IP SLA on each ASA to determine whether the next hop/interface is down, in the event of failure disable crypto on the outside interface.

HTH

Nitin S
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Rob

Thanks for reply. can you please help with some sample config.

I don't have access to my lab for a few days, but refer to this link

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/118087-technote-asa-00.html

...have a look at the VPN preempt example, use that as an example, change the eem action to disable webvpn as below:-

webvpn
no enable OUTSIDE

You will need to test in a lab to tweak as appropriate.

HTH

Nitin S
Level 5
Level 5

i try in LAB but i can't call track on interface 

Use ICMP track for the IP address of the next hop device that is connected to that interface.

Nitin S
Level 5
Level 5

sla monitor 100
type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 10.2.2.1 interface lan
num-packets 3
frequency 10

sla monitor schedule 100 life forever start-time now

track 1 rtr 100 reachability

event manager applet PREEMPT
event syslog id 622001 occurs 2
action 1 cli command "wevpn"
action 2 cli command "no enable wan"
output none

interface gig0/1
nameif lan
security-level 0
ip address 10.2.2.2 255.255.252

next hop 10.2.2.1

You'll need another EEM script to re-enable when the IP SLA is active again.

when i shutdown port LAN event is not trigger what will process to trigger event. 

ASAipsla3.PNG

You need to determine what syslog message is logged and amend your applet accordingly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: