cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN portal issue

eladrin01
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 ASA setup for AnyConnect, both are running 8.4(2)9. The issue I am having is one of them opens the SSL portal when the user goes the group URL and the other does not. I do not want the portal to open post login.

I have a group policy setup that inherits the AnyConnect Logon Settings from DfltGrpPolicy. DfltGrpPolicy Login setting are

Post Login Setting "Do not prompt user to choose" and

Default Post Login Selection "Download AnyConnect Client"

On the AnyConnect Connection Profiles page I have unchecked "Allow user to select connection profile..."

and under the profile itself I created a Group URL that seems to be working.

When a user accesses the URL the portal opens and the client begins downloading immediately. On the other ASA when a user accesses the URL the portal does not open, but the client still downloads as expected.

I know I am missing a setting but I cannot find it.

Is there a setting other than the Post Login portion of the group policy that would cause the VPN portal to open?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajamerica
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at the same issue.  I know it is something we are over looking.  I had to go into the Clientless profiles and disable all tunneling protocols, except the SSL Client.

It is under Clientless, group policy, general, more options, tunneling protocols

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ajamerica
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at the same issue.  I know it is something we are over looking.  I had to go into the Clientless profiles and disable all tunneling protocols, except the SSL Client.

It is under Clientless, group policy, general, more options, tunneling protocols

I had Clientless SSL VPN and SSL VPN Client as the only selected options for Tunneling Protocols. When I unchecked Clientless SSL VPN everything worked.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: