Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN with AnyConnect for SIP phones

Sarah Pongres
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts -

We currently use 7962 SCCP phones for our at-home employees, using SSL VPN with AnyConnect.  CUCM version 10.5.1

We will be migrating to 8851 SIP phones.

I am trying to test to verify that the 8851 phones can be used for our at-home employees to replace their 7962 phones.  When testing the 8851 phones, I do get to a VPN login prompt, but it asks me for a service domain in addition to my username and password.  The 7962 phones do not prompt for a service domain.

I tried using the domain-name from the ASA, but it did not work.

What is the service domain?

Is additional configuration needed on either the CUCM or ASA side so that 8851 phones can be used for our at home employees?

Thank you,

Sarah P

4 Replies 4

rizwanr74
Level 7
Level 7

When vpn-client has established connection, the domain dns-lookup either has to tunnel in or tunnel out (i.e. goes outside the tunnel).

If then, if your cucm users TFTP server FQDN lookup is not tunnel in, then natually that dns lookup queries will end up at remote-ISP dns-server.

Hope that answers your question.

thanks

It does not answer my question at all.

What is the service domain to which the phone is prompting?

Is additional configuration needed on either the CUCM or ASA side so that 8851 phones can be used for our at home employees?

It is on the ASA side.

Are you using your TFPT server IP address on the phone, in the form of FQDN name?

dextercole
Level 1
Level 1

The service domain in the VPN login prompt for the 8851 is typically associated with Collaboration Edge Expressway Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) solution which in one facet is arguably a replacement to the ASA SSL VPN phone solution (legacy 79/89/99xx) used by the newer 78/88xx endpoints and would be the domain for which you created the necessary external DNS SRV records for Expressway Edge.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: