cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Start Before Login Not working On Windows 10

webabc123
Level 1
Level 1

We cannot get SBL to work on Windows 10.

I found this article that says it fixed this issue starting with release 3.1.13015

CSCuv74296 vpn SBL does not work on Windows 10

So I updated both the client and Gina module from the previous release to 3.1.13015.

I tested the VPN within Windows and it works (and the SBL never worked on Windows 7 until there was a successful VPN connection within Windows).

I then rebooted, and selected "Other User" and I still don't see the option to launch AnyConnnect at the login screen.  Is there some other requirement?

It still works fine with Windows 7, but not Windows 10.

How do we fix this or is there still a problem with the software that needs to be fixed in a future AnyConnect patch?

Has anyone tested this and verified that SBL works on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB?

Are there any other troubleshooting steps to do on the laptop to make sure the SBL policy is applied?

6 Replies 6

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi webabc123

Have you tried to install the SBL package manually on the PC? 

Hope it helps

-Randy-

Do you mean reinstall the software?  Yes, I downloaded the SBL installation file msi and ran it locally on the laptop.  The software installs successfully with no errors, but I can't bring the SBL prompt up at the login screen using 3,1,13015 on Windows 10.

I am able to get it to work after reinstalling the OS, but the SBL interface takes over the screen with no option other than "Cancel," which seems to disconnect the session.

I found that I can get around it by hitting escape, but it should not work this way.  This type of confusing UI will result it many help desk calls.

Still needs to be fixed.

Thank you very much. The escape key worked for me as well. I was scratching my head as to why it did not work on Win 10 when it worked in Win 7 and Win 8.1. Like you said, it should not work with this way. Once it connects it should revert back to the login screen.

Please don't let this issue slide into obscurity. To add to web's comments, I installed the SBL package on my Windows 10 (10.0.10586 Build 10586) laptop. I got the package from Cisco's site and the following URL:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286281272&softwareid=282364313&release=3.1.13015&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

specifically:

"Full installation package - Window / Standalone installer (ISO). Includes installation packages for DART, NAM, Core/VPN, Phone Home, Hostscan, ISE Posture, and WebSecurity components. 
anyconnect-win-3.1.13015-pre-deploy-k9.iso"

... When i run the setup file, i get a splash screen that asks me what modules I want to install. I choose the first two (see the attached image) and then do the install as usual. I can see in "programs and features" that the module is installed.

But i don't see any obvious way to utilize this software. Please provide some type of insight other than dead silence!

carlguer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

You can check if your computer has the option "change user" on the login page.

Sometimes the computer doesn't have this option enabled and that's why SBL doesn't work even when it is installed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: