Views
Helpful
Replies

STIG Items - Need answer or directions to location of documentation please

BillPeyton1693
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to complete the newly published VPN Gateway STIG on a freshly deployed remote access VPN deployment - most items can be closed via specific references to actual system settings...  A few of the remaining items are more system build as I read them and I require some direction to provide the correct setting/wording please.

1) The VPN Gateway must generate unique session identifiers using FIPS-validated Random Number Generator (RNG) based on the Deterministic Random Bit Generators (DRBG) algorithm.

2) Verify the VPN Gateway is configured to fail to a secure state if system initialization fails, shutdown fails, or aborts fail

3)  Verify the VPN Gateway invalidates session identifiers upon user logoff or other session termination.

4) Verify the VPN Gateway recognizes only system-generated session identifiers.

I have been unable to find specific documentation relative to the ASA 5516 headend device or the AnyConnect client software providing information on the above  - any help or direction to documentation is appreciated.

Best,

-Bill

5 Replies 5

Hello Bill did you ever get any input from your post? I am also looking for the same input for an RMF evaluation we are currently going through. 

thanks

greg

Bill,

3.) You can artifact the monitor session of a user logoff.

4.) I just used a monitor session for this one as well for some user VPN connections and Admin management sessions.

I'm in the same boat as you though for 1 & 2.  I think I will open a TAC Case for them.  

Jay Knight

K-Grev
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever figure out 1 and 2?

K-Grev,

1.)  See attached for FIPS and DRGB certification for ASAs.

2.)  See attached for Cisco's response for ASA fail in a secure state.

Hope this helps you out.

awesome sauce. thanks everyone!!! have a safe holliday!!

greg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: