cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange problem with GETVPN Rekeying

christof32
Level 1
Level 1

Occasionally I loose connectivity with a GM when he fails to rekey.

Before and after that happens I have many consecutive antireplay check failures.

According to the log:

.May  3 10:28:34.167: %GDOI-4-TIMEBASED_REPLAY_FAILED: An anti replay check has failed in group XXX. my_pseudotime is 12414551.01 secs, peer_pseudotime is 12414541.00 secs,  replay_window is 10 (second)

.May  3 10:28:34.167: %CRYPTO-4-PKT_REPLAY_ERR: decrypt: replay check failed

connection id=6501, sequence number=2692619

The result is that if the rekeying happens when the gm experiences the antireplay problems, it fails and i lose connectivity to the router (telnet is in the encryption acl).

Then I login the GM through ssh and I execute “ clear crypto gdoi” and everything comes to normal.

I have used the “rekey retransmit 10 number 4” in KSes.

The strange thing is that I have met these messages occasionally in many different GMs in the past, but it is the first time that rekeying have failed during that time. Is it a random event?

I would appreciate your opinion about that.

Regards,

4 Replies 4

jecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you ever find a cause / resolution to this issue?

Any resolution to this?

I am having the same issue.

balayan_pankaj
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having same issue.

Can we disable TBAR in GetVPN environment?

Would there be any impact once TBAR is disabled?

jecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I had this problem on an ASR 1001.  I ended up disabling TBAR which resolved the issue and did not encounter any other issues.  I have since upgraded the ASR to the latest code and re-enabled TBAR and have not had any issues since.

Hope this helps. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: