cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SVC WebVPN (clientless) uses IP pool addressing or ASA inside interface IP

will
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to design something which requires ASA to uniquely assign one IP per clientless VPN user. it seems like all these web requests coming through the ASA are proxied via the ASA's inside IP for the source address of the Web request. Does ASA proxy requests through it by changing the VPN client request IP's from a POOL configuration. Or is it always going to use the ASA inside interface IP? Assuming a two NIC configuration (inside/outside)

NOTE: I'm not talking about AnyConnect, IKEV1/2 client based VPN's. I'm specifically talking about the client-free login connection method.

thx in advance,

Will

5 Replies 5

Hi Will,

Pls move your thread to here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/6001/vpn

HTH

Rasika

thanks you ras, I posted in correctly - probably going to fast! I have re-posted in vpn forum.

Hello will@bootit.com,

Did you find your answer? Is it possible to make VPN clients to request IP's from the Pool configuration?

Regards,

hi Michael, I couldn't make the ASA proxy requests from anything other than the inside interface. the proxy mentioned in this thread from the outside interface doesn't quite make sense to me. Essentially the connection comes into the "web server" on the ASA outside interface. the ASA takes the tunneled SSL webpage request and then shoots that back into the network as a request from itself on it's inside interface. the inside server responds to the ASA inside IP as though he is the client. And then the reverse proxy gets created before tunneling the traffic back to the internet WebVPN client.

The other styles of VPN _do_ allow POOL IP selection.

hope that helps.

pjain2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the ASA will always proxy the traffic from the outgoing interface meaning if the traffic is destined out from the inside interface to the internal subnet, it is going to be prox'ied from the inside interface ip

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: