Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The AnyConnect package on the secure gateway could not be located

Hi!

Some of our users has managed to enter the FQDN for the secure gateway in AnyConnect as "VPN.Domain.com" instead of "vpn.domain.com".

No biggie you'd think.

But when the enter thier username and password (and the following OTP-answer) they get the following error-message and is disconnected:

"The AnyConnect package on the secure gateway could not be located. You may be experiencing network connectivity issues. Please try connecting again."

When checkinh the dart-logs I find the following messages:

"No profile available for host VPN.Domain.com"

and

"Secure gateway (VPN.Domain.com) was not found in profile".

No profiles are configured on my secure gateway ( ASA running 8.3(2)4 ).

The users for whom this occur are running AnyConnect 3.0.x

The AnyConnect package on the ASA is running 2.5.x (the versions between client and ASA differ because we are in the middle of a client os migration and I don't want my old clients to get the new AnyConnect version).

To solve the problem we have to close AnyConnect on the client and delete the Cisco-dir under %userprofile%\AppData\Local\

then restart AnyConnect and enter the FQDN in lowercase letters.

To me this sounds lika a bug, or is there anything in the documentation stating that FQDNs should be entered in lowercase?

Br,

Fredrik

2 Replies 2

Hi Fredrik,

It is not a good practice to have your VPN users enter the URL (since they make mistakes).

I usually recommend to add a server list in the XML profile, so when the users launches the AC client will see the correct server to connect to.

Check this out:

Server List

BTW, I have been checking for a bug ID without success, to proceed with a further investigation I would encourage you to open a TAC case.

Let me know.

Portu.

Please rate any post you find useful.

Hi!

Thanks for your answer.

Yes. We´re trying to find a solution on how to package the xml in the anyconnect-package.

As for the problem we will upgrade to 8.4.x and see if the problem persists.

Br,

Fredrik