Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer of AnyConnect licenses

richard.priest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm relatively new into my company, (7 months), we have a relatively large number of ASA firewalls, but for one reason or another AnyConnect wasn't used by the organisation.

I'm now implementing it on a pair of 5508-x, and I'd like to get it running on a pair of Firepower 2110 too. However the 5508 only have 8 licenses and we have none on the 2110.

I've since found a firewall in production (an ASA 5520) that has 750 Anyconnect Premium licenses. This firewall will never be used as an VPN endpoint, so they're wasted on this. 

Is it possible to move the anyconnect licenses from the 5520 onto the 5508-x and the Firepower 2110? I'm aware the 5508-x will only be able to use 100 of the licenses anyway. 

I'm not aware of any stored documentation i.e. PAK's for the licenses so I think this might mean it's not possible, but wanted to check.

Cheers

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the licenses are the 4.x type (with support) you are eligible to share the licenses across multiple ASAs. If you have access to your company's account in software.cisco.com your should be able to see the PAKs and request re-issue for the additional devices (and sharing to the Smart Account for any FTD devices).

If they are old 3.x license then they are not eligible for transfer.

Stupid question alert.... How do you tell what version license they are?

Though I think I am SOL, as my company doesn't/won't pay for support / smartnet licenses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: