cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting PPTP-VPN

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

We have configured PPTP-VPN in two routers Cisco. Here you have our configuration:

!

vpdn enable

!

vpdn-group Group_VPDN

accept-dialin

protocol pptp

virtual-template 1

!

interface Virtual-Template 1

ip unnumbered ser0/0.100

peer default ip address pool VPDN-pool

ppp encrypt mppe auto

ppp authentication chap ms-chap

!

!

ip local pool VPDN-pool 192.168.30.1 192.168.30.14

!

!

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial1/0.100

!

end

These PPTP-VPN configurations worked very well for many months, when they were using PCs running Windows 2K, and Win XP-SP1.

Since they upgraded their PCs to WinXP Service-Pack 2 our problems began. None of them can establish a PPTP-VPN connection to our routers.

During our tests we have seen we can establish VPDN connections to these routers from PCs running Win2k, Win98 and WinXP-SP1 but NEVER from Win XP-SP2 ones.

We have opened UDP 62515, TCP 10000 and TCP 4500 ports at our Win XP-SP2 ws, we have turned off the Windows Firewall but we have never established a PPTP-VPN connection from them.

Please, Could any of you give us some ideas about How to fix this problem ???

Thank You

Angel Enrique Villasana

4 Replies 4

tholmes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Angel, this is a config I used recently and it works with my XP with SP2 installed, please give it a try, as you will see the only difference is the last line. If this doesn't work then I think you'll need to look at the XP settings for VPN

Regards Tony

vpdn enable

!

vpdn-group 1

! Default PPTP VPDN group

accept-dialin

protocol pptp

virtual-template 1

!

interface Virtual-Template1

ip unnumbered Ethernet0

peer default ip address pool clientpool

no keepalive

ppp encrypt mppe auto

ppp authentication pap chap ms-chap

Hi, let me tell you It works !

Thank you for your help

Angel Villasana

rating_is_vital
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What error message do you get? Further, PPTP requires TCP 1723 and IP 47.

Hi, i get a 619 error at Win XP-SP2 when I try to establish my PPTP-VPN connection.

I have opened TCP 1723, what's more, I have turned off the firewall feature at my XP-SP2 PCs. But I will try with IP 47 today.

Thank you for your effort

Angel Enrique Villasana

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: