cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to beg one license of Cisco VPN for Win 64 bit

dvandekerk
Level 1
Level 1

I must call this begging.  I am not representing my employer.  But I don't know where else to look than this forum.

My new job duties require me to monitor a work system on weekends.  To be able to go to Church and do the grocery shopping and still be able to do system monitoring every half hour, I bought a new netbook with wireless access.  OK, problem solved.  WRONG - it's a 64 bit netbook and the corporate VPN license won't run on it.  The employer says there are thousands of 32 bit licenses but that they will not help at all.

Is there some Beta Windows 7 64 bit VPN client I could beg?  It doesn't have to be great.

If one license of just the VPN client is reasonably priced, how would I get that?

6 Replies 6

manish arora
Level 6
Level 6

are you talking of Cisco remote vpn client ?

Manish

Yes.  Just one license for this Win 7 64 bit netbook.  Then I will be so happy and will sing the praises of Cisco forever.

Dude , just download freeware client  called SHREWSOFT vpn client for 64 bit cisco remote vpn client and then Import the same PCF file.

That is the sort of answer I was looking for.  THANKS!  WONDERFUL!  I am so happy.

PS, nice looking combat commander.  What's it in, 9mm? Do you do IPSC or IDPA?

na ---- the Gun is for killing the issues ...

slawford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

License wise, there is no difference between the 32 and 64 bit versions of the IPSec VPN client.

If your employer has download access on cisco.com, please ask them to download and provide you with vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe which can be downloaded here: http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=281940730&catid=268438162&flowid=4466&os=Windows&softwareid=282364316&release=5.0.07.0290&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all.

Regards,

Steve.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: