cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 VPN trouble

pauldaniels
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get VPN access established on a UC540. The purpose is to support a couple of users with IP Communicator. I have an SSL VPN configured for some of the physical phones (SPA525G2) and it works correctly (or did before I started working on the other VPN). Since IP Communicator can't use the SSL VPN to connect I am using Cisco VPN Client to connect to the UC540 to allow the softphone to register. But so far I have been unable to establish a VPN connection.

When I attempt to connect I get an error on the VPN Client:

Secure VPN Connection terminated by Peer.

Reason 433: (Reason Not Specified by Peer)

The UC540 connects directly to the internet. I am on a private network connecting through NAT.

I have been working with this for far too long already and I feel that I am missing something small in the config.

I have attached the config and logs. I would appreciate any insight that anyone might have.

3 Replies 3

pauldaniels
Level 1
Level 1

I just got off the phone with a Cisco Engineer. He was able to determine the problem.

After a couple of changes to my configuration the tunnel came up without a problem

In case anyone was interested in how this issue was finally resolved. Although I haven't had a chance to check the status of the SSL VPN yet, so I may have to fix that as well.

These are the changes that were made:

no crypto isakmp profile VPN_Profile

crypto isakmp policy 2

encr 3des

authentication pre-share

group 2

!

Update: It would appear that the SSL VPN is working correctly. I am using a SPA525G2 to connect via the SSL VPN without trouble. So after the corrections, my VPNs are working as intended.

Hi Paul,

I've read your post and it was very interesting because i've to make a configuration almost like yours, because I don't have the UC connected directly to the internet, but it's by a SA520.

I've checked the configuration that you put here.

It was difficult to configure the SPA525G?

Do you have some documentation of how to configure vpn on the SPA525G?

Best Regards.

Luis M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: