Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to establish vpn

donnie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have installed and setup cisco anyconnect on a win2008 server.

It is able to authenticate successfully but upon trying to establish the vpn connection to the asa5520, it shows "unable to establish vpn".

Other servers and pc from the same remote site is able to establish the vpn. Pls advise if you have a similar problem.

1 Reply 1

Srikanth K. S
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Don,

I see that you have mentioned other servers and pcs are able to connect successfully. So, I doubt there could be an issue on the ASA side. Could you provide the following reports from the ASA side?

1) You would need to give "logging buffered debugging" to store the logs on ASA's buffer.

2) debug webvpn anyconnect 255 (give this command and make a connection attempt).

3) "sh logging" to view the logs collected on the buffer after the connection attempt. Post the logs.

4) Post the "sh run" and "sh version" information of the ASA.

5) Note the time when you make a connection attempt and follow the procedure given below to collect the DART logs. DART logs provide complete event information from the client side so that we get to know what happens from the client side.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect24/administration/guide/ac08managemonitortbs.html#wp1055965

Post the DART file with the timestamp when you made the connection attempt. I would be glad to anyalyze these reports and give you an update.