cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install Cisco Anyconnect (Windows 7)

KahMing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, I am facing some issues with the installation of Cisco Anyconnect software. There's a dialogue box pop out stated that "Installation completed" but I am unable to find the software inside my laptop. 

I tried to install Anyconnect which is in Windows Installer Package, but this time another windows pop out stated that "Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client Setup Wizard ended prematurely". Would appreciate if someone would share the solution to fix the issues.

P.S. Im using windows 7, 64 bit. I also disabled my laptop firewall setting, install the software as administrator and BFE services is running but it didnt work at all.

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5457-cisco-anyconnect-secure-mobility-client-supported-operating.html

>...

AnyConnect Supported Operating Systems and Requirements

>...

• Windows 7 Special Pack (SP) 1   -> Make sure this requirement is met, I presume this actually refers to Service Pack 1 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi, my laptop does met all the requirements to install AnyConnect, but the installation still failed. Is there any other solution to fix the issues?

- Sometimes, other programs, settings ,firewalling programs, may cause this, turn all firewalling and antivirus programs off (temporarily)  , for instance , before installing. If all of that does not help , then it may come in handy to have a second , preferably maiden, window 7 system with SP1 , and try the installation on that platform (too).              Check if the problem then becomes repeatable.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I have disabled the firewall and antivirus but the installation doesn't work too. Unfortunately, I don't have other laptop with windows 7 and SP1 package to try the installation.

- If options are exhausted re-install the laptop , and try again.

M.

Hi,

I met the same problem. But in fact, the vpn for previous version is OK, the problem happens when I upgrade to a newer version. So not sure what kind of your updates impact the installation. 

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try running the install from an admin command prompt with logging enabled.  

"msiexec /package <installer-file-here>.msi /norestart /passive /lvx* install_log.txt"

Look through those logs and see if the end result is success or failure.  You can also post the logs here.

I tried the installation using admin command prompt as per suggested. I attached the log file for your reference. Kindly please have a look and see. Thanks !

I met the same problem. But in fact, the instalation works for previous verions which means my computer meet all the requirement. I think some updates in the newer version ruin this installing process.