cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users who connect to my company's anyconnect, delete the entire profile / configuration of the client anyconnect

pozoteleco
Level 1
Level 1

Users who connect to my company's anyconnect, delete the entire profile / configuration of the client anyconnect,Is there no way they don't overlap and both profiles can coexist (both my company's and my client's anyconnect)?

Kind regards.

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both you and the other company may have used the default profile file name (profile.xml).

When that happens, the firewall handling the connection checks the client's hash of the profile.xml file and, if it differs from the firewall's file hash, it overwrites the file on the client.

An easy work around is to make your AnyConnect profile be something more likely to be unique such as "yourcompanyname.xml". You would need to make that change on the firewall side.

I have 18 separate unique profiles on my PC right now and they all work fine without interfering with or overwriting each other.

Good morning;

You mean something like the attached file??

I had configured like that, but it's constantly overlapping the other profile of anyconnect...

@pozoteleco yes that's correct.

When you say it's overlapping, do you mean the last used username is appearing? That is normal and cannot be changed.

However the connection profile (found under C:\ProgramData\Cisco\AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\profile) should not be overwritten.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: