Views
Helpful
Replies

Using FlexVPN with RADIUS based keyring verification

osteinhagen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gents,

searching about a discription and reference to use for my FlexVPN (with virt. Tunnle and BGP) keyring verification by RADIUS. User and/or Group authorization (AAA) part of the profile definition is clear for me. What not clear for me. How can the Keyring per peer requested to radius and get psk for particular peer.

How the router config need to look and the Radius as well.

Thanks

Greeting

Olaf   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Create a Network Device Group e.g. FlexVPN-Router

- Define the FlexVPN Hub as a Network Access Device add to the group FlexVPN-Router

- Create User account on RADIUS server

user account.PNG

- Create Authorization Profile

Authz Profile.PNG

- Create Policy Set (use Network Device Group as condition to match Policy Set)

- Define Authentication Rule

authentication.PNG

- Create Authorization Rule - reference the Authorization Profile previously created

2.PNG

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

osteinhagen
Level 1
Level 1

i misse dthe following:

Command exist under ikev2 profile as,

“keyring <aaa list name>

Second of course aaa authentication command is necessary

Has someone experience with that setup and can share with me.

Important for he how the Radius configuration looks and how does it work combined with user/group authorization

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'd never used radius for PSK authentication before, but was intrigued. I've spent sometime in my lab and got it working. In my lab the Hub authenticates itself to the spokes using a certificate but the spokes are authenticated using PSK which is via the radius server (ISE).

SPOKE

crypto ikev2 keyring KEYRING
 peer ALL
  address 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
  pre-shared-key local Cisco1234
!
crypto ikev2 profile IKEV2_PROFILE
 match identity remote fqdn domain lab.net
 match certificate CERT_MAP
 identity local fqdn BRANCH-1-RTR.lab.net
 authentication local pre-share
 authentication remote rsa-sig
 keyring local KEYRING
 pki trustpoint VPN_TP
 dpd 10 2 on-demand

HUB

aaa new-model
aaa authorization network FLEX group ISE
aaa accounting network FLEX start-stop group ISE
!
crypto ikev2 name-mangler PSK
 fqdn hostname
!
crypto ikev2 profile IKEV2_PROFILE
 match identity remote fqdn domain lab.net
 identity local dn
 authentication remote pre-share
 authentication local rsa-sig
 keyring aaa FLEX name-mangler PSK password Cisco1234
 pki trustpoint VPN_TP
 aaa authorization user psk list FLEX name-mangler PSK password Cisco1234
 aaa accounting psk FLEX
 virtual-template 1 mode auto

The name-mangler extracts the hostname in this instance BRANCH-1-RTR, this is sent in the radius packet and needs to be defined on ISE as a User Account with a password specified as Cisco1234 - this password is specified in the ikev2 profile above, the default password if not defined is cisco btw.

I then created an Authorization Profile with the following attribute - cisco-av-pair = ipsec:ikev2-password-remote=Cisco1234

The Authorization Policy rule matches on Calling Station ID (could match on the username previously defined) of the spoke router and returns the result of the Authorization Profile previously defined.

You create User accounts, Authorization Profile and Authorization Policy rules per spoke.

HTH

Hello RJI,

that sound good to me. And good to know that you have already tested. The password in the keyring authentication. I willst test it shorty when thje PoC is ready.

keyring aaa FLEX name-mangler PSK password Cisco1234

is only for the radius request. And the same for authorisation

aaa authorization user psk list FLEX name-mangler PSK password Cisco1234

So we know we have ones the IKEv2 negotiation authentication in the first phase (psw and ip or hostname). in the scond we have the user and or the group authentication for network credentials.

About the RADIUS what RADIUS attribut you have used for the authetication . Only user login?

Greeting

Olaf

Hi,
So the password specified is for all AAA actions (authentication and authorization), it basically matches the password specified on the RADIUS server for the user account that needs to be created, this user account name is extracted via the name-mangler.

Not sure I undertstand your question, but for authentication PSK attribute "cisco-av-pair = ipsec:ikev2-password-remote" was used, that was matched on a per user basis, you could match on per group as long as you can differentiate between them, but per user would be more secure (as long as PSK different).

HTH

Hello, yes I am totally agree.

Can you please share your radius credentials to verify if we are on the same page.

Thanks

Olaf

- Create a Network Device Group e.g. FlexVPN-Router

- Define the FlexVPN Hub as a Network Access Device add to the group FlexVPN-Router

- Create User account on RADIUS server

user account.PNG

- Create Authorization Profile

Authz Profile.PNG

- Create Policy Set (use Network Device Group as condition to match Policy Set)

- Define Authentication Rule

authentication.PNG

- Create Authorization Rule - reference the Authorization Profile previously created

2.PNG

Thnaks for your support.

have a nice day

Greeting

Olaf