Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice VPN - issues with TFTP server, Its not reachable

yamikani2g2
Level 1
Level 1

Good day Security experts!

I have two sites my phones on site B have to register on Site A (HQ) using DHCP option 150 which specifies the TFTP server.

Site B  has voice VLAN with 192.168.3.X and phones are getting IP address except option 150 strange. Site B the phones and the call manager are in 192.168.10.X range and are working they register fine.

I have the two sites connected via IPIP tunnel. I have reacheability to all subnet when the phones pick DHCP on site B i can even ping them from the Voice subnet on HQ? 

I have tried putting IP address manually TFTP IP addresses the phones will not register is there a way i should configure the Tunnel to allow the TFTP download process from HQ to site B?

192.168.3.X(siteA)-------GW-------------Tunnel IP-IP----------CUBE(HQ)------192.168.10.X (VoIP network)

2 Replies 2

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Provided you are using Cisco equipment you may be hitting the fact that with tftp and IOS the closest interface to the destination is selected as the source address by default. Can you please try to change this with "ip tftp source-interface" global command pointing to the tunnel source interface and see if there is any progress.

Best regards,

Antonin

Mohammad Alhyari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on your description the connectivity is there and phones are able to get an ip address via DHCP from the remote site but not option 50. if that is the case then this has nothing to do with the tunnel. you need to check the settings on the dhcp server.

What kind of dhcp server is this ? and can you validate the config there for option 50 for that range?