Views
Helpful
Replies

VPDN and IOS 15.0

groupalia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I been working with PPTP server on cisco IOS since a log time ago. Up to release 15.0 seems is just stopped working. I mean external users can log in the pptp but after logged in there no traffic flow. A simple downgrade to 12.4 solves the problem.

But now i have all my infrastructure with ISR2 2901 and all IOS are 15. Anyone experienced this problem¿?

thanks

5 Replies 5

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Xavier,

What IOS version are you using exactly? Have you tried 15.0(1)M7 ? There were a few PPTP related bugs in earlier versions and I think there is still one related to MPPE.

Are you using MPPE encryption ? If so does it work on 15.0 if you disable MPPE?

Herbert

Hi Herbert

Im using IOS c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M.bin

Also tried disabling mppe encryption with same result.

thanks.

Hi Xavier,

I'd say time to open a TAC case...

Herbert

I'm having a similar problem with a vpdn ppp +mppe, and i can NOT enter  the 'ppp encrypt mppe auto' command..  'ppp encrypt' simply doesn't exist or... something?!  i suspect its a licensing thing, but this new iOS 15 licensing is.. defeating me.

System image file is "flash0:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M1.bin"

Xavier could you post your config, or perhaps advise how to get the ppp encrypt mpp3 auto enabled?

TIA!

-Tim

I'm having a similar issue.

I was running c1841-advsecurityk9-mz.124-18.bin until last night

PPTP with MPPE auto required was working perfectly

After upgrading to c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M5.bin I have to set to ppp encrypt mppe auto

And change the PPTP clients to Optional encryption to get it working

Anyone resolve this?

It smells like an IOS bug, but we're using latest MD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: