Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN access from other interface

Izac ICT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have asa 5510 firewall and Anyconnect VPN is configured. I have 3 interfaces, LAN, Outside and Wireless.

My clients need to access to LAN network via VPN from wireless network. I assigned different public IP to wireless clients  NAT translation but it didn't solve the problem.

How can I allow my clients to access VPN from wireless network?

Thank you in advance.

Izac

5 Replies 5

Bogdan Nita
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can enable anyconnect on the guest interface and then use the guest IP of the ASA when connecting from wireless.

webvpn
 enable guest

Thank you but It is not possible and They need to use the same public address. 

Cheers

izac

Let us assume Inside is having x. series IP and Wireless interface is having y. series IP. You can enable web VPN in inside interface of ASA and after conneting the laptop to wireless network, connect anyconnect using the inside interface IP.

-Shankar

Thank you but We want them to use same dns name when inside and outside of office so separate ip/name is not option.

Cheers
Izac

Unfortunately, the ASA will not allow you to reach the outside interface from the wireless interface.

Depending on your DNS setup you might be able to respond to the same name with the wireless interface IP for wireless clients and with the outside interface IP for external clients.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: