Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Advice

rustamovea
Level 1
Level 1

I need an advice with my vpn design.

I have two cisco ASA 5505 devices and two cisco switches plugged to ASAs in each office. I need to create a VPN tunnel between two offices.

Network behind the ASA1 in office1 is 192.168.1.0/24 with DHCP server – 192.168.1.10

Networks behind the ASA2 in office2 are 192.168.5.0/25; 192.168.5.128/26 and 192.168.5.192/26

All computers in office2 need to get IPs from DHCP server 192.168.1.10. I have switch in office2 with 3 VLANS and I can assign computers from different subnets to different VLANs.

How can I archive this goal? Should I assign 3 IPs for ASA2 inside interface (192.168.5.1, ...5.129, ...5.193) as a default gateways for each subnet? Should I put dhcp helper address 192.168.1.10 on the switch for each VLAN?

4 Replies 4

rustamovea
Level 1
Level 1

Any suggestion?

Suresh Varghese
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

the first thing is your DHCP server is on a different subnet in office 1.

Secondly you can configure dhcpd command and make the ASA to work as a dhcp server.

What i would suggest is to create dhcpd commands on both ASA where the second office ASA will carry 3 different dhcpd configs which will automatically assign IP to their respective clients.

dhcpd dns XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

dhcpd ping_timeout 100

dhcpd address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX-XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX inside

dhcpd enable inside

once you have achieved that part then create a tunnel between the 2 ASA and assign appropriate ACls for connectivity.

Thanks

Then I need 3 different default gateways for each subnet.

How can I assign 3 different IPs for inside interface of the cisco ASA? I use asa 5505 base license.

Thanks,

Maybe u could try creating a seperate or one more vlan on the switch with 2-3 ports and assign vlan X to it. This will act as a trunk port.

on the ASA create the vlan X and that will server as your gateway. Connect your ASA to the vlan X.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: