Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn and nat

bluesea2010
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I IPSEC.pnghave the above setup, and the site-to-site VPN is running. The load balancer is peplink . 

if in case of any link failure or for load sharing (outbound )the traffic is going through  r2 to isp2. 

(load balancer NAT the traffic from 1.1.1.1  to 2.2.2.2 )

My question  in site to site VPN, can I send the outbound  traffic to   through R2 

Thanks 

5 Replies 5

@bluesea2010 

Your design is not clear, what devices is the VPN between, the FW and R2?

You can tunnel internet traffic through a VPN, the destination network needs to be "any". In your scenario a LB between VPN endpoints will not nat the encrypted traffic inside the VPN tunnel. You would have to nat on the FW or router.

Hi,

IPSEC.png

Hi, 

I will try to clarify  

FW is asa . NAT is also enabled on ASA.  there is the site to site VPN is running between 1.1.1.1 and 5.5.5.5  

My question can I route the   outbound traffic  from 1.1.1.1 to 5.5.5.5 through R2 and  ISP2 

The device in-between r2 AND FW will NAT 1.1.1.1 to 2.2.2.2 

( Since we don't have our own public IP we are using the above-mentioned device to  load share the traffic between ISP 1 and ISP 2 )

Thanks

@bluesea2010 

Yes you can nat, assuming NAT Traversal is enabled (it is default on most devices) and the peer device at the remote site is configured to establish a tunnel with both IP addresses.

bluesea2010
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Can I create  a tunnel between ASA and the remote site  by using the ip 2.2.2.2  and 5.5.5.5

asa Outside interface ip is 1.1.1.1 

If it possible  I can  create another tunnel between ASA and remote  through ISP2 

Thanks

the ASA outside interface IP Is 1.1.1.1 

@bluesea2010 

Well the remote peer device (5.5.5.5) will have to establish a tunnel to 2.2.2.2, as you said the ASA doesn't have a public IP address. The LB will in turn will untranslate and route to the ASA on 1.1.1.1 and a tunnel established.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: