Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Anyconnect Setup

Mokhalil82
Level 4
Level 4

Hi 

We have a pair of asa 5510's and users are currently using Cisco VPN client and authenticating to a LDAP server.

Im new to VPNs so not sure how to go about this one.

Now some users are using windows 8 and I want Windows 8 users to start using the Cisco Anyconnect mobility client as they are having issues with the VPN client. I have purchased anyconnect licenses for each asa.

What is the best way to go about this, I have uploaded the anyconnect package to the asa, what shall i do next so that the windows 8 users can download the anyconnect client.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A couple of things come to mind:

1. Is your ASA licensed for AnyConnect (essentials or premium). If not you will have to start there :) You can see what you are licensed for by issuing this command:

show activation-key

Then for the actual config: If you have ASDM running and installed on your ASA you can use the GUI and its VPN wizards. The wizards make it a lot easier for new ASA users to configure complex solutions such as VPN. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Thanks for the response

The asa as an anyconnect essentials license and I will be using asdm for the config.

As mentioned above can I modify my existing VPN so Win8 users have the anyconnect package downloaded and win 7 have the VPN client or do I setup  a new VPN

Thanks 

First of all Anyconnect VPN client do not support remote access ipsec ikev1 VPN, it supports only ssl vpn and ipsec ikev2 VPN. As from your post it seems you are using ipsec ikev1 remote access vpn.

I will suggest to configure WebVPN for Anyconnect support.

webvpn

port 443

enable interface

tunnel-group-list enable

anyconnect image disko:/package

anyconnect enable

HTH

"Please rate useful posts"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: