cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client 4.0.2

jerald.love
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot get the Cisco VPN client 4.0.2 to connect with Cisco Secure ACS 2.6 through a pix firewall. A secure connection can not seem to be established and the connection just seems to hang for a while and then prompt an error saying that it can't connect. However if I prompt with an invalid userID or password, Cisco secure will imediately not authorize the connection. I'm thinking there might be compatibility issue between the 2 versions of software and I need to upgrade to a later version of ACS. Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this issue?

1 Reply 1

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

It would have been nice if you had pasted the error message. If I got you right, the PIX is not able to contact the ACS server to authenticate the client. I could not find any relevant bugs. It seems likely that you are running into a configuration problem. Have you double checked if the server is accesssible from the PIX. You probably should revisit the configuration and also see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094ea9.shtml