Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client 5.0.07.0410 on Win7-32 invisible but functional

GARY HAHN
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I've had the VPN client operational on my Windows 7 32-bit laptop for many months without issue, but suddenly it became invisible.  Launching it, there is no GUI displayed.  When I click on the taskbar icon, nothing, click again, nothing.   That said, when I know it should be visible on the screen in the foreground, I can press enter and get the default connection to connect!   I can see status, log window, About, but no main window.  It's there, but perfectly transparent or something.  There is no other monitor or shadow monitor it could be hiding on, nor is it shoved off to a periphery of the display somewhere.   I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version.   I'm not aware of any display related updates to my machine.

Is this Cisco's nudge to shift to AnyConnect?  ;-)   Sorry, but too many customers to support who still run it!

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Gary

5 Replies 5

GARY HAHN
Level 1
Level 1

Fixed it myself.  Somehow it WAS completely off the screen, though I can't imagine how, considering I don't have dual monitors.   Alt+space allowed me to get the window menu, then I used Move and the arrow keys to bring it back onto this screen.   Strange, but the fact that it was the VPN app was probably just incidental.  Could have been any app.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, but it is not fixed as you are explaining. Alt+Space, it is not returning cisco VPN windows to my desktop. It is really rare, because VPN cisco client looks is running.

Any other idea?

Hi Manuel,

Please check the vpnclient.ini file (C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client), there you should find the following parameters:

logwindX

logwindowy

Try deleting these lines and restart the VPN client.

In case it does not work, delete the vpnclient.ini file and try again.

HTH.

Portu.

Hi Portu,

I have tried your recommendation, but it was not the fix. Also I have tried with other values in this file not getting fix too.

Any other Idea?

I was thinking to reinstal the software, but I can't find where I have save it.

At the moment I have save it my profile/*.pcf

My version is VPN client 5.0.07.0410 for windows 7 32 bits.

Dear Manuel,

You may want to reinstall it, you can download it here:

Release 5.0.07.0410

Portu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: